Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #131
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
A smart guy, instead of the misguided souls who have kids in their 20's or early 30's?

Yep.
yeah cause it would be awesome to play catch with a 12 yr old at 60, and deal with late teen early college crap at 70. Now you're talking stuff that dreams are made of.

think the creepy dude was probably someone who got a little nooky and forgot his raincoat. he'll regret it.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #132
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
That sounds like an awesome set up.
even better was the fact that most wives would say "not happening" my better half decided to buy a gun and start shooting with me. seems she was too nervous to do it at public ranges. now she's shooting pretty good.
even showed her the site from the IDPA that was mentioned here and she might go for it.

disclaimer: i know many of the gals on this site do shoot so they were not included in the "most wives" statement above. let's face it chicks who ride bikes and shoot guns are not the "norm" in society. it's why we love you.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #133
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Dude......If that guy really was 50, and his daughter was 4......Then he had her at 46, so he'll be only 64 when she leaves for college or military......So big deal.

What is a better age to "deal with" crap...........When you are still young and supposed to be having fun yourself, or when you're allegedly too old & tired to deal with it? I'll take my chances on the latter.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #134
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
What is a better age to "deal with" crap...........When you are still young and supposed to be having fun yourself, or when you're allegedly too old & tired to deal with it? I'll take my chances on the latter.

that's because you couldn't get laid when you were young isn't it? .....................................

you know you laughed.

oh my choice was probably not right for everyone but my youngest was out of high school when I was 41. I was young enough to enjoy life with him and I'm still young enough to enjoy the rest of my life. only bad part was not as much money for "things" back then and in some ways that was ok to.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #135
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I wouldn't have had half the maturity necessary to have kids when you did, so....

And you guys in the heartland tend to have 'em young anyway, so don't listen to me
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #136
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I dunno. Since I do plan on having at least one, I wish I had started early so I'd be done in a few years, but at the same time, I'm still too selfish to want them even now, but I hate the thought of having one and not being free again till Im in my fifties.

*sigh* Decisions, decisions.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #137
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:

I wouldn't have had half the maturity necessary to have kids when you did, so....

And you guys in the heartland tend to have 'em young anyway, so don't listen to me
that's because we don't have warm weather and beaches. funny how an abundance of bikins running around can make a guy wait for the "next one".
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #138
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I dunno. Since I do plan on having at least one, I wish I had started early so I'd be done in a few years, but at the same time, I'm still too selfish to want them even now, but I hate the thought of having one and not being free again till Im in my fifties.

*sigh* Decisions, decisions.
We had our little one later (in our very early 30's). I felt the same way before hand but I would have to say it's a different kind of "freedom" (that of knowing you're helping your child grow and learn). My wife and I don't regret having our daughter even for a second.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #139
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am sorry I didn't purchase my house from an OCD grass nazi. I am sorry my house had 5 foot tall weeds in it when I did purchase it. I am sorry I didn't have the money to spend on sod cause I just bought a fucking house and had to do the best I could with seed and straw and using a fertilizer/weed control/aeration/seeding service.

Oh I am sorry I got myself a little POS civic in college that was paid off, so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I am sorry I am not big time and leasing my cars like a fucking mad man and being fiscally responsible and only buying my vehicles when I can afford them outright...
Dayum

Nothing wrong with doing it that way at all but it still doesn't mean people should fvck with/trample on/door ding other people's $hit that happen to have nicer stuff and do care about it.

I'm talking about people in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Fags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Wow. Twf rox
Most of the time it does and then at other times it makes me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
even better was the fact that most wives would say "not happening" my better half decided to buy a gun and start shooting with me. seems she was too nervous to do it at public ranges. now she's shooting pretty good.
even showed her the site from the IDPA that was mentioned here and she might go for it.

disclaimer: i know many of the gals on this site do shoot so they were not included in the "most wives" statement above. let's face it chicks who ride bikes and shoot guns are not the "norm" in society. it's why we love you.
My wife would be 100% cool with this too.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM   #140
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
We had our little one later (in our very early 30's). I felt the same way before hand but I would have to say it's a different kind of "freedom" (that of knowing you're helping your child grow and learn). My wife and I don't regret having our daughter even for a second.
Thank you. It's good to have input on the matter. Everyone else we know has been dying since the ripe old age of like 18 to reproduce, and other than myself and one other friend, everyone we know has kids. And some folks who have one, and are miserable and bicker about who takes care of it, want MORE. I just dont understand that one.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote