Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-11-2011, 12:28 PM   #121
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Yep. Hell, even comcast probably knows more of your dirty secrets than you realized
The point I'm trying to make is, yes a select few large companies and banks and government agencies have ALWAYS had info about you, BUT the average Joe Blow citizen or employer has never been able to collect all that data quickly. These days it's getting easier and easier for that person to do so. Do you really want someone you're dating, or some company you're interviewing with, to be able to pull up EVERYTHING about you, including everything you've said, everything you've purchased, everything you've searched for, without much work at all? Despite what you say, they were never able to do that years ago, short of spending big money on a private detective. It's become easier and easier over time. That's my point.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #122
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
How old are you? I'm 36.

James

In case you overlooked James' question. Was just curious myself, as you mentioned it earlier in the thread.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #123
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I would rather have my info held by several companies rather than one. One good hack and all that shit's gone.

Today, I can get some pretty decent info on you without trying very hard. Imagine what it will be like in 10 years. The way people seem to not care about privacy anymore, I wouldn't doubt it if in the future I could read everything you've written everywhere, because all your past IP's have been linked and recorded, along with everything you've ever purchased, all your class transcripts, every medical procedure you've had, etc.

I just logged into my healthcare provider, and looked at my claim history.........They posted an incorrect diagnosis from a doctor. He wrote that I possibly had something, but couldn't be sure without further testing. And since I never had that testing done with him, he couldn't possibly have given me that diagnosis. Yet the insurance co put it online as a "diagnosis" anyway. So now I have to figure out how to correct that. Meanwhile if someone cracks into my account, they can see that.

Most of you are younger than me, so there are different attitudes I guess, but I just don't see why people don't care about privacy. As more time goes by, it's going to be harder and harder for you to get a job because they can dig up more and more dirt about you.
All I got out of all of this, is you are upset because you "possibly" had an STD. And now it is on the interwebs.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #124
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
All I got out of all of this, is you are upset because you "possibly" had an STD. And now it is on the interwebs.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that read it that way.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #125
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #126
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
The point I'm trying to make is, yes a select few large companies and banks and government agencies have ALWAYS had info about you, BUT the average Joe Blow citizen or employer has never been able to collect all that data quickly. These days it's getting easier and easier for that person to do so. Do you really want someone you're dating, or some company you're interviewing with, to be able to pull up EVERYTHING about you, including everything you've said, everything you've purchased, everything you've searched for, without much work at all? Despite what you say, they were never able to do that years ago, short of spending big money on a private detective. It's become easier and easier over time. That's my point.
http://gizmodo.com/5818774/this-is-a...ckground-check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #127
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Fail.

Saw this earlier today while killing time waiting in the lobby of the Dr. office.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GooglePlusBitchingFail.jpg (49.0 KB, 5 views)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #128
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I finally broke down signed up last night - not super impressed yet but I'll have to play with it a bit...
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #129
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Fail.

Saw this earlier today while killing time waiting in the lobby of the Dr. office.

hahahahahahaha

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #130
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Wait, so homeslice has the clap?