Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #121
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Amen Brother. I cringe when my phone rings, debate on whether or not I want to answer it, as everyone who calls always wants to talk about NOTHING for EVER.

I friggin hate talking on the phone. I love texting. Quick, easy, doesnt require a bunch of crap like "hey, how are you?" I'm good, you?" "oh great, glad to hear that, hows the kids?" blah blah blah. We know texting and the internet are killing social skills. Some of us still have them when needed, we just dont have time for nonsense BS.

I love my smart phone. I always have access to the internet, google maps and whatever else I need to find my way, find business or addresses, answer a question before I forget it as I too suffer from CRS (like this weekend J and I were discussing which egyptian god was the falcon headed one, and voila, just break out the phone and google it ). You know, things you MUST have/know, right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
My sister.
I did have to check the sn, as I thought it was marko saying it at first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #122
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #123
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post

On occassion he and I are remarkably alike.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #124
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Texting and phone calls both piss me off. I just rather not talk to anyone unless I need them. I have my smartphone for angry birds, fuck the rest of you people.

Last edited by Trip; 05-03-2011 at 12:32 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:30 PM   #125
the chi
Forum Coach

We love you too buddy.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 PM   #126
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
We love you too buddy.
Now that I think about it, texting pisses me off more, because you think your time is too important for a quick conversation on the phone, so you expect me to read your bullshit that probably doesn't even make fucking sense and now I have to have a back and forth conversation over questions about your original text that takes 2 fucking hours that could of been wrapped up in a 30 second call. FUCK YOU, texting disabled.

Not directed at you Rae, we never text. This is more at people who use to text me.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:40 PM   #127
the chi
Forum Coach

The only time I text you is when I'm on my way to see you.

Think about the flip side tho. For example I work in a busy office, with ppl in front of me all the time. I can rarely talk on the phone at work, as I am sure is the case with most people (my hatred of talking on the phone excluded from this example) so if someone calls, I ignore it or cant answer, but if someone needs something and texts me I can text them back quicker. Or call them when I get a minute than play phone tag, missing calls, leaving vm's, and then getting interrupted while trying to get the info passed.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #128
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
On occassion he and I are remarkably alike.
You sure you want to liken yourself to marko
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #129
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:

Think about the flip side tho. For example I work in a busy office, with ppl in front of me all the time. I can rarely talk on the phone at work, as I am sure is the case with most people (my hatred of talking on the phone excluded from this example) so if someone calls, I ignore it or cant answer, but if someone needs something and texts me I can text them back quicker. Or call them when I get a minute than play phone tag, missing calls, leaving vm's, and then getting interrupted while trying to get the info passed.
you're one of those folks in meeting trying to hide your phone under the table so you can text to people aren't you? LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #130
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:

Work is a different story entirely for me. Personal phones aren't allowed most places in the plant or don't get signal because of how the buildings are built. I have a work specific cell phone that is call only that will receive calls because we have our own tower for just work phones that lets us use them most places

Personal use on the job is a no no anyway, so this is really a nonissue. Personal use smartphones should be banned from the workplace. Too easy to play video games or watch videos. If I had a business, you would have to check your smartphone at the door before you entered work.

Personal use time, I want to be able to ask response questions without having a back and forth for 2 hours. It's much easier to just talk someone than txting. If it's a simple "I am almost there" or "on the way" txt sure. If it's asking what do you need at the grocery store or want me to explain something, your ass better be calling me or you aren't getting a response.