Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #121
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
No offense taken. Just make sure you make the best choice to protect your gf and you.
Yea you are right and it's pointless to buy the gun if I'm just going to render it useless from the start...btw I do also own a 12Ga that is always loaded with 00 buck so... What is almost scary is that I might be joining the CC crowd and I was thinking that this would make a fine CC weapon. I like revolvers because they are compact, simple to operate/clean and super reliable...when was the last time you heard of a wheel gun jamming?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #122
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea you are right and it's pointless to buy the gun if I'm just going to render it useless from the start...btw I do also own a 12Ga that is always loaded with 00 buck so... What is almost scary is that I might be joining the CC crowd and I was thinking that this would make a fine CC weapon. I like revolvers because they are compact, simple to operate/clean and super reliable...when was the last time you heard of a wheel gun jamming?
The only way to jam a wheel gun ( short of mechanical failure ) is for a squib load ( no powder, just primer to launch the bullet ) to lodge a bullet into the forcing cone.

A big advantage of a wheel gun is in case of a misfire. Just pull the trigger to fire the next round.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #123
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
The only way to jam a wheel gun ( short of mechanical failure ) is for a squib load ( no powder, just primer to launch the bullet ) to lodge a bullet into the forcing cone.

A big advantage of a wheel gun is in case of a misfire. Just pull the trigger to fire the next round.
Yep!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:51 PM   #124
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Sweet!!! I've considered it for a LONG time but have never had the opportunity to shoot one personally or talk to someone I trust that has shot one. Let me know what you think, Rae Rae!
Well plans fell through to shoot the Judge, however going to the shop to buy the hubby's tomorrow, as he knows he wants one regardless.

I will say, took my 410 shotgun out this weekend tho and it was superb, as was the new XD9 SubC I got for our anny. I highly recommend that one if anyone is looking for a new pistol.

If anyone is interested, I didnt see it mentioned here, but there is a company making ammo for the Judge, it involves shot as well as 3 discs shaped like watch batteries, for personal protection. First you get hit with the shot, then it tears a few holes in ya.

As ugly as it sounds, (and this one is for you Tig, cuz I feel ya as far as hurting another person), but the sole purpose of carrying a weapon to protect yourself or others is to do as much damage as fast as possible to prevent the attacker from getting to you or yours. If they wanna make the play, they get to pay.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:59 PM   #125
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Well plans fell through to shoot the Judge, however going to the shop to buy the hubby's tomorrow, as he knows he wants one regardless.

I will say, took my 410 shotgun out this weekend tho and it was superb, as was the new XD9 SubC I got for our anny. I highly recommend that one if anyone is looking for a new pistol.

If anyone is interested, I didnt see it mentioned here, but there is a company making ammo for the Judge, it involves shot as well as 3 discs shaped like watch batteries, for personal protection. First you get hit with the shot, then it tears a few holes in ya.

As ugly as it sounds, (and this one is for you Tig, cuz I feel ya as far as hurting another person), but the sole purpose of carrying a weapon to protect yourself or others is to do as much damage as fast as possible to prevent the attacker from getting to you or yours. If they wanna make the play, they get to pay.
That ammo is at the end of the vid I posted.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #126
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I never watch vids. Im always on at work, bosses dont respond too cool to youtube, tho soaps are free for all.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #127
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
That ammo is at the end of the vid I posted.
Yera and I wasn't that impressed for the crazy cost/shell... 00/000 buck is the way I'll go, I think. Tight pattern, lots of damage, decent range but enough spread that you don't have to be an expert shot to hit something in an emergency situation. I think the experts here will agree that irl lots of shots are fired without ever hitting anything because of pressure, nervousness, etc. When you are throwing 4 9mm rounds downrange spread across 3' or so...well, that can greatly improve your chances of hitting something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post

True...
Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #128
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Irony!!!!

So for the last few days they have been parking like this.....

Two more gangs of thugs have moved into my building this week. One guy was having a hard time unloading a probably roach infested mattress with his pants around his ankles... Looking at apts next week....
Old 03-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #129
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Does your complex have assigned parking, or is it a free-for-all? A little call to the property manager might have interesting results

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #130
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
So for the last few days they have been parking like this.....

Two more gangs of thugs have moved into my building this week. One guy was having a hard time unloading a probably roach infested mattress with his pants around his ankles... Looking at apts next week....
oh they'd fucking hate me... I'd park my POS truck diagonal right next to them... just to be an asshole.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote