Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #111
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Dude, it's years after the last time you were down this way. Black dudes date white girls all the time here.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #112
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Dude, it's years after the last time you were down this way. Black dudes date white girls all the time here.
I know, I'm just kidding!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #113
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post

Anyway, I think I'm going to go this way and load it with a 410 shell of 7.5-to serve as a "warning", a couple of the 410 00-to make it more real and finish it off with two 45s. Either that or all 410 00/000 buck shot I'm not sure yet. My GF has permits as well and she's might get one too. We're going to go shopping next week but we both have law enforcement contacts that claim to be able to hook us up with one in the $350-400 range, so we'll see.
NO NO NO

By the time it's come to pulling your weapon, the "warning" time has passed. Load the cylinder with your best ammo choice.
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #114
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
NO NO NO

By the time it's come to pulling your weapon, the "warning" time has passed. Load the cylinder with your best ammo choice.
Hmm... I understand your POV but I honestly don't want to kill anyone ever again, if I can help it.... I really think that a blast of bird shot in the face will scare off 99.9% of attackers, if not the second shot will incapacitate them. Besides, the smaller shot will abrogate the possibility of collateral damage somewhat. Which is something else that I'm concerned with in the apt setting. I'll probably just go with either 00 or 000, I'll probably never have to use it anyway.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #115
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Well, if that's your goal just get a Taser. Then, you get your message across and we get awesome video footage!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #116
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Hmm... I understand your POV but I honestly don't want to kill anyone ever again, if I can help it.... I really think that a blast of bird shot in the face will scare off 99.9% of attackers, if not the second shot will incapacitate them. Besides, the smaller shot will abrogate the possibility of collateral damage somewhat. Which is something else that I'm concerned with in the apt setting. I'll probably just go with either 00 or 000, I'll probably never have to use it anyway.
As long as you don't mind getting murdered while your girl gets gangraped then it shouldn't be a problem. Good on ya bro!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #117
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Quote:
I do not carry myself with the intent to kill someone. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones. Remember, When seconds could, the police are only minutes away ( in legal action taken against the LAPD after the riots, the courts determined that the police are there ONLY to protect the masses. They are NOT responsible for an individual's persons protection)

That "blast of birdshot in the face" has a great possibility of killing them ( the lead shot is very tightly grouped coming out the barrel ).

If you are worried about over penetration, then choose number 2 or 4 shot. Still enough power to penetrate clothing ( may or may not penetrate a heavy leather jacket ) with less chance of making it to the neighbors.

The final decision is yours. For myself, I get the best factory ammo I can get.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #118
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Well, if that's your goal just get a Taser. Then, you get your message across and we get awesome video footage!
Hmmm.... Interesting idea, I was thinking about checking into non-lethal rounds as well. if they come in 410? I don't want to kill anyone if I don't have to.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #119
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple View Post
I do not carry myself with the intent to kill someone. I carry to protect myself and my loved ones. Remember, When seconds could, the police are only minutes away ( in legal action taken against the LAPD after the riots, the courts determined that the police are there ONLY to protect the masses. They are NOT responsible for an individual's persons protection)

That "blast of birdshot in the face" has a great possibility of killing them ( the lead shot is very tightly grouped coming out the barrel ).

If you are worried about over penetration, then choose number 2 or 4 shot. Still enough power to penetrate clothing ( may or may not penetrate a heavy leather jacket ) with less chance of making it to the neighbors.

The final decision is yours. For myself, I get the best factory ammo I can get.
Please don't take offense but I have a hard time believing that sometimes considering the guns that some of you own and carry. I've seen/felt what some of these rounds/calibers can do to the human body and some of them are potentially lethal anywhere on the torso. I understand that bird shot can kill and it's not pretty either. I once shot a guy close range with a 12Ga 4 shot (I know not b.s.), ripped a good portion of his thigh off and spread it across the room. BION I'm not trying to start a gun debate but I want to defend, not attack. I do appreciate the advice though and I will probably go with your advice in the end. I know in my heart that you are right but I don't have to like it do I?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #120
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Quote:
Please don't take offense but I have a hard time believing that sometimes considering the guns that some of you own and carry. I've seen/felt what some of these rounds/calibers can do to the human body and some of them are potentially lethal anywhere on the torso. I understand that bird shot can kill and it's not pretty either. I once shot a guy close range with a 12Ga 4 shot (I know not b.s.), ripped a good portion of his thigh off and spread it across the room. BION I'm not trying to start a gun debate but I want to defend, not attack. I do appreciate the advice though and I will probably go with your advice in the end. I know in my heart that you are right but I don't have to like it do I?

No offense taken. Just make sure you make the best choice to protect your gf and you.