Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2010, 01:33 PM   #111
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
It gets even funnier.

Heard the phrase "hopping mad"? I was on a 2 lane, small curvy road that paralleled the main road, he saw us (had a gorgeous blond friend with me, I'm sure it didnt hurt as far as not getting the ticket), chase us down when we were returning to the starting point, pulled us over, came running up to the door and was literally jumping up and down as he hollered at us. Then he proceeded to call it in as "red sportscar, unknown make and model" (at which point I almost asked for his man card) and proceeded to give us a dressing down while he waited to find out if we'd stolen it.

It wasn't stolen, he couldnt manage to clock us and well, he had nothing on us so he had to let us go. Don't ya know he had a bad night.
I got that reaction once in the nsx, 110+ in a 45 on a farm road. Military id turned it into a tint ticket
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #112
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Vipers might sound nice inside, I don't know I've never driven one........But from the outside they sound like shit. Give me a Vette any day over that.
Agree 100 % The exhaust note is not very impressive at all to me from the Viper. A Vette or even a Mustang sounds much better. Another negative about the Viper is HEAT...it will fry you. My Vette has the performance plus very cold A/C plus an Active Handling System and Traction Control that the Viper doesn't have. It is a badazz car though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I got that reaction once in the nsx, 110+ in a 45 on a farm road. Military id turned it into a tint ticket

You did better than me. My last ticket in the Vette was for 105 in a 55... I had luckily just slowed down from a bit more than 105...got pulled went through the "I have a concealed weapon officer" thing and he ended up lowering it to a 70 in a 55. I had to attend a 4hour safe driving class and then it did not hit my insurance.

The very next day is when it was taken to the shop to get the supercharger...cam and full exhaust installed.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #113
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Agree 100 % The exhaust note is not very impressive at all to me from the Viper. A Vette or even a Mustang sounds much better. Another negative about the Viper is HEAT...it will fry you. My Vette has the performance plus very cold A/C plus an Active Handling System and Traction Control that the Viper doesn't have. It is a badazz car though.

You did better than me. My last ticket in the Vette was for 105 in a 55... I had luckily just slowed down from a bit more than 105...got pulled went through the "I have a concealed weapon officer" thing and he ended up lowering it to a 70 in a 55. I had to attend a 4hour safe driving class and then it did not hit my insurance.

The very next day is when it was taken to the shop to get the supercharger...cam and full exhaust installed.
Jeez lol
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #114
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
You are splitting hairs..

I think the point is why buy a special edition mustang and then drive it under the speed limit? Why not just buy a luxury car or a something more suitable to your driving habits? Like these motherfuckers I know that buy a F350 Heavy Duty truck and then they haul their push lawn mowers in it? WTF? Why in god's name do you need an F350? A fucking Japanese piece of shit truck will easily haul your stupid lawn mower..

But you are right - it's their money and who cares? I don't really it just defies logic, etc.
I was going to respond to Rae Rae but you'll do... The special edition Mustang looks COOL!!!!! That's why! I'm sorry, it's not always, "hey look at me", maybe he just likes the way it looks. The truck thing is the same... I'd rather look at a 2011 F-350 in the driveway than some "Japanese pos"... I love the way my bike looks and I sometimes stare at it for minutes at a time... I doubt I'd feel the same about a Kymco 125 although it would still get me from A-B. Seriously fellas, if we all only bought EXACTLY the bare minimum of what we need, we'd all be driving mopeds and Yugos. I don't even want to contemplate a world like that!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #115
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I find that as I get older I have no issues with driving at or even under the speed limit even in a "fast car"

I do, however, pull the f over if I'm in sightseeing mode and there's other traffic around.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote