Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #101
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
You are splitting hairs..

I think the point is why buy a special edition mustang and then drive it under the speed limit? Why not just buy a luxury car or a something more suitable to your driving habits? Like these motherfuckers I know that buy a F350 Heavy Duty truck and then they haul their push lawn mowers in it? WTF? Why in god's name do you need an F350? A fucking Japanese piece of shit truck will easily haul your stupid lawn mower..

But you are right - it's their money and who cares? I don't really it just defies logic, etc.
What he said!! Thats what gets me too.

I was reminded of the rally this year tho...the vipers that rolled up en masse...now THAT was a cool bunch of cars. And a good many of them were cool as hell, AND drove those cars incredibly. Not necessarily safely or within the law, but watching them play leapfrog across the skyway (safely from an overlook) was pretty badass.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #102
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I don't know, I have now come to the understanding that it's their money.... if they want to spend it in what some of us believe to be a ridiculous manner, go for it.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #103
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
What he said!! Thats what gets me too.

I was reminded of the rally this year tho...the vipers that rolled up en masse...now THAT was a cool bunch of cars. And a good many of them were cool as hell, AND drove those cars incredibly. Not necessarily safely or within the law, but watching them play leapfrog across the skyway (safely from an overlook) was pretty badass.

Fun cars to drive too !!

Me with an instructor from the Skip Barber Driving School...

...and the wife...

We thrashed them around a road course for a while and then on this autocross course...fun day.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #104
the chi
Forum Coach

I hate you man. Srsly.

Just kidding, but you are damn lucky. I got to drive one. Once. He'd had it worked on and it was pushing over 800 hp. I also got pulled over. Fortunately he was on another road and only SAW me on the other road. He he he.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #105
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
I hate you man. Srsly.

Just kidding, but you are damn lucky. I got to drive one. Once. He'd had it worked on and it was pushing over 800 hp. I also got pulled over. Fortunately he was on another road and only SAW me on the other road. He he he.
Funny story...well as long as you didn't get a ticket that is. I'm sure YOU can get out of a ticket easier than most of us.

Over 800 hp ? These two we were driving were stock but at least no worries of being pulled over or some knucklehead pulling out in front of us or blocking us in the left lane.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #106
the chi
Forum Coach

It gets even funnier.

Heard the phrase "hopping mad"? I was on a 2 lane, small curvy road that paralleled the main road, he saw us (had a gorgeous blond friend with me, I'm sure it didnt hurt as far as not getting the ticket), chase us down when we were returning to the starting point, pulled us over, came running up to the door and was literally jumping up and down as he hollered at us. Then he proceeded to call it in as "red sportscar, unknown make and model" (at which point I almost asked for his man card) and proceeded to give us a dressing down while he waited to find out if we'd stolen it.

It wasn't stolen, he couldnt manage to clock us and well, he had nothing on us so he had to let us go. Don't ya know he had a bad night.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #107
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I don't know, I have now come to the understanding that it's their money.... if they want to spend it in what some of us believe to be a ridiculous manner, go for it.
ok you want to split hairs I reckon?

YES it is their RIGHT to spend their money however the fuck they want to and if they want to buttfuck the car with no lube and never drive it then HAVE AT IT for all I care.

BUT it is ALSO my RIGHT to think it is stupid.

So there - put that in your pipe and fucking smoke it.

And 800hp? Holy shit. That is truly bad ass. It is really amazing to me what they can get out of engines now.

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #108
z06boy
Letzroll

Local shop here....They 'used' to only do Mustangs...then Vipers and Ford GT's...now GEEZ !!

http://www.undergroundracing.com/

Here is a car show I'm going to in the morning just to check things out. I'm not taking my car...the wife and I will ride our bikes. They meet once a month and some of the finest vehicles I've seen. 1000 hp Z06's...Lambo's...1200 hp cars etc...

http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info/
Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #109
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
It gets even funnier.

Heard the phrase "hopping mad"? I was on a 2 lane, small curvy road that paralleled the main road, he saw us (had a gorgeous blond friend with me, I'm sure it didnt hurt as far as not getting the ticket), chase us down when we were returning to the starting point, pulled us over, came running up to the door and was literally jumping up and down as he hollered at us. Then he proceeded to call it in as "red sportscar, unknown make and model" (at which point I almost asked for his man card) and proceeded to give us a dressing down while he waited to find out if we'd stolen it.

It wasn't stolen, he couldnt manage to clock us and well, he had nothing on us so he had to let us go. Don't ya know he had a bad night.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #110
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Vipers might sound nice inside, I don't know I've never driven one........But from the outside they sound like shit. Give me a Vette any day over that.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote