Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM   #91
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Full body armor or go home!!

________
Christian lautenschlager

Last edited by Kaneman; 05-09-2011 at 08:20 PM..
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #92
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Full body armor or go home!!

Hey have there been any new "Arby and the Chief" videos made lately? That shit is hilarious!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #93
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea she doesn't want a leather jacket or a full leather suit to ride her EX250... Seriously, I had the same Joe Rocket Jordan jacket in pink leather even and she's like "Fuck That!". I'm sorry people but she's riding a 250, almost exclusively around town.
I crashed twice on my 250 at about 45-50mph and thank GOD I had full leathers on. My friend just got a 250 the other day and had her first spill a week later on gravel. She is banged up pretty bad. Maybe Hurricane Heather can tell ya if getting hurt on a 250 is possible.

Please tell me you are just kidding with the "its a toy for her, she doesn't need protection" talk.

Do I wear full gear all the time? HELL NO. But to say that leather is over kill is crap. If she/you don't want to wear it, thats fine but don't say that a 250 is too small to hurt anyone. A woman on CF that lost her husband on hers might beg to differ.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 07-02-2009 at 04:58 PM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #94
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I crashed twice on my 250 at about 45-50mph and thank GOD I had full leathers on. My friend just got a 250 the other day and had her first spill a week later on gravel. She is banged up pretty bad. Maybe Hurricane Heather can tell ya if getting hurt on a 250 is possible.

Please tell me you are just kidding with the "its a toy for her, she doesn't need protection" talk.

Do I wear full gear all the time HELL NO. But to say that leather is over kill is crap. If she/you don't want to wear it, thats fine but don't say that a 250 is too small to hurt anyone. I woman on CF that lost her husband on hers might beg to differ.
You know, I am not a gear nazi, but I am amazed at how people seem to think that riding in town is safer than going out riding balls out in the country and such.

Tigger, I am not trying to change your mind or hers. I'm really not. But I got busted up pretty damn good on my 250, in town, two miles from my destination. Shit happens. It's best to be prepared than to have gravel cleaned out of your once very pretty skin.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #95
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post

Do I wear full gear all the time HELL NO. But to say that leather is over kill is crap. If she/you don't want to wear it, thats fine but don't say that a 250 is too small to hurt anyone. I woman on CF that lost her husband on hers might beg to differ.
Aw man, Cathy I know a guy that was killed on his 50cc scooter, heck I knew a kid that was killed on his bicycle. Besides, wasn't that guy wearing gear when he died? You know that when you see someone ride by on a scooter, you don't think that they should have on full gear, do you? Of course not. In fact most people don't even look twice when someone on a cruiser goes by without full gear. In fact, if you saw someone on a Harley buzz by wearing a race get-up, that would be remarkable wouldn't it? In fact if my gf had purchased a 250cc Vespa absolutely none of this gear talk would be happening at all would it? Okay, I am incredibly stupid but if I was riding this bike strictly around town, there is no way I would wear full gear. Again I'm sorry that I don't agree with you.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #96
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
You know, I am not a gear nazi, but I am amazed at how people seem to think that riding in town is safer than going out riding balls out in the country and such.

Tigger, I am not trying to change your mind or hers. I'm really not. But I got busted up pretty damn good on my 250, in town, two miles from my destination. Shit happens. It's best to be prepared than to have gravel cleaned out of your once very pretty skin.
See but here's the thing. She didn't want to wear anything (seriously), I talked her into the jacket and gloves. Now I'm getting pressure for her to wear full leather gear. I have honestly gone faster on a four wheeler than she'll ever go on this bike. I know that there is danger even if she kept it to 25 mph and never took it out of 1st gear. I understand that but, girls, she is not going to ride to class wearing a full leather suit, regardless of the circumstances, period. Neither would I.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #97
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Speaking of gear... On the way home I saw a guy with a helmet and a spine protector on. That was it for gear - he was dressed in Khakis and a short sleeve shirt. I just thought it funny because it gave the impression that only his head and spine were important!
Those spine protectors and flak jackets are the cool thing down here. Every time I go out at night in downtown Ft. Lauderdale I see guys with just a helmet and a spine protector/impact vest or no helmet and and a vest on.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #98
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Tig, just say it with me.. Full gear is safer, but she chooses not to wear it..

Nobody here is even arguing any new points. You all are just repeating yourselves.

The atgatt crowd will be happy that they're right. And you can still thumb your nose and do whatever you want.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #99
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Tig, just say it with me.. Full gear is safer, but she chooses not to wear it..

Nobody here is even arguing any new points. You all are just repeating yourselves.

The atgatt crowd will be happy that they're right. And you can still thumb your nose and do whatever you want.

I know but they won't just leave me alone about it. It's like haven't you covered this shit before? Haven't I agreed that full gear is safer enough times? Yeesh! You know someone just accused me of ruining a thread but her I am on a MOTORCYCLE FORUM posting about a new bike and all anyone has to talk about is how she doesn't have enough gear, or her gear is too cheap, etc.

You know what you guys win! I'm joining what I suspect are the rest of the sheeple, me too crowd that goes along on these subjects but secretly does and wears whatever they want.

Ahem, my girlfriend wears a A* Octane full suit, SMX Plus boots and Gp Pro gloves whenever she rides. She's just finished her 5th track day and it was great! It is so well worth the money! It's too bad she's a girl and has too strong of a survival instinct to be competitive. She never speeds, does burnouts or wheelies because that would reflect badly on the motorcycling community as a whole. She thinks that GSXRs are the worst bikes ever and anyone who owns one is a squid. Finally, she agrees that the guy called Tigger on this forum is a complete douchebag for his beliefs and opinions. There that should cover it!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #100
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See but here's the thing. She didn't want to wear anything (seriously), I talked her into the jacket and gloves. Now I'm getting pressure for her to wear full leather gear. I have honestly gone faster on a four wheeler than she'll ever go on this bike. I know that there is danger even if she kept it to 25 mph and never took it out of 1st gear. I understand that but, girls, she is not going to ride to class wearing a full leather suit, regardless of the circumstances, period. Neither would I.
Tig I understand and respect that. I just don't want people reading this thread (and yes it may be more people than we think) that a 250cc 0-100mph motorcycle is too weak to hurt someone. I know you know that Tig but that is a misconception I hear all the time from people that actually believe it.

I actually heard a sales rep at our local honda dealer tell a guy buying a cruiser that "I ride a sportbike so I wear these armored guantlet gloves, but you are buying a cruiser I would recommend these fingerless gloves, they will keep the sweat off your hands" I couldn't believe my ears.

I think it kicks ass that your girl bought a bike and wants to ride, the world needs more women riders. I just think she should be fully aware of the risks, big fast bike or beginner bike, for injury. If she understands these risks and still wants to dress less, so be it. Shit I'm even anti-helmet law cause I hate the gov. telling me what gear to wear.

I just want new riders to be safe till they know what they are getting into.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 07-02-2009 at 05:45 PM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote