Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #91
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
like smoking around them?... like speeding?.... like drinking any alcohol and driving?... like letting your dog out without a leash?... hmmm well, I personally don't know what it's like to be perfect. fwiw, I guarantee that even talking on my blue tooth, I'm still a better driver than most people behind the wheel. I've been driving for a living for over 20 years total without an accident so... real talk.
Guilty on the speeding, when I ride, otherwise I don't do any of those things. I, honest to God, have never driven or ridden drunk...not even over the legal limit.

Really though I'm just fuckin with you cause that's what we do. Real talk. I think most people on this forum, and those capable of piloting a motorcycle without dying right away, are capable enough to drive while carrying on a conversation.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #92
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I use a handsfree device to talk when I drive, it's mandated on base. I'm sure there are studies that prove blah blah blah but I don't understand how it's any different than talking to a passenger. Are the other people in my car supposed to stare straight ahead like zombies and avoid any interaction with me? Hell, that's why I bring another person on long trips. BTW, there are studies for everything, like the one that says I need to bust a nut every day for the health of my prostate.
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:01 AM   #93
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Dumb bitch high school was texting and driving while I was riding. I had to honk my horn for dumb bitch to go on green arrow. Of course before taking off she looks around like a dumb bitch for 15 seconds. Then dumb bitch finally takes off and dumb bitch is still texting on her dumb bitch phone. As I passed dumb bitch she's texting and holding the wheel with her forearms; dumb bitch looks at me as I pass while I move my head in the "you're a dumb bitch" motion. Dumb bitch.

But I'm a high school girl, I can't kill anyone cause I'm a dumb bitch. Killing someone is killing someone. Doesn't matter if it was an accident or on purpose. Maybe some day we'll have a judicial system that'll actually punish phone killers.
so was she a dumb bitch?

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #94
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

f
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Guilty on the speeding, when I ride, otherwise I don't do any of those things. I, honest to God, have never driven or ridden drunk...not even over the legal limit.

Really though I'm just fuckin with you cause that's what we do. Real talk. I think most people on this forum, and those capable of piloting a motorcycle without dying right away, are capable enough to drive while carrying on a conver
sation.
oh yea I know but I said " any alcohol" because its been well established that even one drink impairs your ability to drive... so don't give Mr that legal limit junk because if it were up to me no alcohol would be allowed while driving. real talk.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #95
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
f

oh yea I know but I said " any alcohol" because its been well established that even one drink impairs your ability to drive... so don't give Mr that legal limit junk because if it were up to me no alcohol would be allowed while driving. real talk.
I've never had a single or multiple drinks and drove and wish death upon those that do. Real talk.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #96
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
f

If you're talking about the effects of a single beer (I never have more than 1 beer when I'm driving, personal limit) then you also have to include anyone who drives when they haven't had 8 hours of good restful sleep, who might be taking any type of prescription medication, diabetics, people with bad night vision.... You would have to include those who drive while feeling stress or with something pressing on their minds, you would have to include a myriad of unmeasurable events, attitudes, actions, pre-actions, post-actions, mid-actions and action-actions, that would include every single person who has ever used a car to get from point a to point b.

You use the word "impair" incorrectly as one beer for a 190lb man does not impair, or conclusively diminish his ability to drive, it only has a very small effect on his central nervous system which may or may not have an effect on his driving skillz. Yet, tests can not detect that driving UNDER the legal limit diminishes anyone's capacity to operate an automobile in a perfectly safe manner.

I would contend that we would all rather ride our motorcycles in traffic with people who have a tiny amount of alcohol in their system than we would with everyone talking on cell phones.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #97
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Start of thread<------------------------------------------>End of thread
iPhone 4 reception sucks-----------------------------------Drinking and driving

I love how we bastardize threads here.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

for the record, you brought driving into this....i completely agree that people shouldn't drove under all of the conditions that you describe and door the most part I don't. by the way put smoking on that list, they're have been many accidents attributed to smoking.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #99
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
Start of thread<------------------------------------------>End of thread
iPhone 4 reception sucks-----------------------------------Drinking and driving

I love how we bastardize threads here.
May as well cross post some beer then

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #100
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I came to this thread to point out that I used Trip's advice....and brow beat Verizon into letting me upgrade my phone prior to my upgrade date...I have a Droid X on the way. It looks sweet as hell.

Now for the drunk/distracted driving portion of this thread....I'm with Trip too. People who drive when they have been drinking can all die screaming.

Oh...Apple STILL sucks....you're holding it wrong...what a bunch of arrogant pricks.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote