Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
Default So apparently I'm working for free soon

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...tdown-031111w/

I've learned to take the AF times with a grain of salt, but this is still pretty funny even if it doesn't come about. When I joined the AF I remember saying, "Well, at least I'll never miss a paycheck and I'll never have to worry about getting laid off." I got laid off in 2005 and now I might miss a paycheck. Never say never, huh? In related news, the course I teach can't get new student texts printed, nor can the other courses on base. We can't get paper or other office supplies, and my wife (who works in the education office) says she's seen a dramatic increase in colleges not receiving the tuition assistance payments for active duty members taking courses in the last few weeks.

Last edited by Amorok; 03-16-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

For those of us that remember the last time this happened, it is 100% illegal for us not to get paid if we work, same with essential gov employees. If you are required to work, you are required to be paid.

This story is based on a position paper written by a retired general who works at a think tank somewhere in DC
Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Sucks...but this is exactly what is to be expected with our unrestained spending government controlled by large corporations.

As far the miliary goes, do we need 2.5 million people, 20% of the budget going towards it's activities all to pay an E-3 guy 20k a year? How do you live off 20k a year?

We need to seriously look at the spending overseas we do..the meddling the U.S. constantly does in the name of "national security" because simply we can no longer afford it. We are setting ourselves up to be another Roman Empire.

Don't get me wrong, we have entitlement programs that far exceed the 20% to look at, but all of it needs to be carefully looked at to ensure we are utilizing people effectively, minimizing waste and eliminating corporate corruption where possible.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #4
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote