Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM   #21
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I see what you're saying there, but what percentage of CFs total membership actually moved over here? I know that the majority of the really active members showed up, but overall, I think we account for less than 10% of the total membership over there.

Still, VS can hate us and blame us for leaving all they want. I've been through a few of their takeovers now, and I'll happily jump ship the moment they take ownership of a forum.
I tell you what - I sent out messages when I found out that fateful morning. I sent them out BECAUSE I've been through a few forum killings. In those killings people got fed up with things blinking - moving and spamalot on pages and those people just fell off the forums. Some REALLY quality individuals were then lost to the internet. You know those people... the ones that wouldn't go looking for where the crowd went, they would just stop posting.

It was an effort to make sure people knew where we went.

Even after my thread (that took a surprisingly long time to lock) took a horrible turn - I wouldn't go back. There was no reason to go back and poke sticks. I haven't gone back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
The way I heard it, azoom cut the brake lines and dropped a cinder block on the gas pedal.
Yup - sure. I am all powerful and am making a mint off of all of my minions.

I will say, quite shocking stats though.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #22
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

The mods/admins over there have been saying that they don't see any changes but the hypertext ad links (in posts) have started and they don't show up if you're a mod, or if you're a member and have turned the setting off. It looks like crap if you go over there without being logged in, or if you're a prospective member who is just having a look around. If CF had looked that way the first time that I surfed by, I'd have never joined.
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
LittleTaz
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: '00 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
It looks like crap if you go over there without being logged in, or if you're a prospective member who is just having a look around. If CF had looked that way the first time that I surfed by, I'd have never joined.

Ditto! If I go over there now and don't log in, on every single screen I get a pop up box asking me to complete a survey. I have pop up blockers and they stop every other pop up anywhere else but that one... Even if I just click from one forum to another or from one page to another in a thread. Every click results in another survey box...
Old 12-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #24
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Reading Excessa's posts since the take over reminds me of those National Geographic episodes where they have the the Mommy Chimp carrying around her dead infant for days.

Know you love it sweetheart but thar be maggots comin out the nostrils.

Excellent analogy.

JC
Old 12-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #25
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Wow...holy flatlined Batman.

It was getting slwo over there prior to the takeover (I remember that FatbuckRTO posted that PNCE was generating the most activity...which is kinda odd for such a big motorcycle forum) but now it's zip.

Reading Excessa's posts since the take over reminds me of those National Geographic episodes where they have the the Mommy Chimp carrying around her dead infant for days.

Know you love it sweetheart but thar be maggots comin out the nostrils.
crap, I just choked on my beer.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote