Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 AM   #31
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
In Florida, as well as some other states, consent is required from all parties.
Damn, welll there goes that theory.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:58 AM   #32
Looni2ns
Crazy Lady Rider

Moto: '05 SV650S "Baby", '00 Bandit 600S "Rita", '87 EX500 (track)

Take notes! After an instruction session, send the boss an email reiterating your meeting, what she corrected you on (I'm being polite), and what she told you, and asking that if the information in the email is incorrect, to let you know as soon as possible. If there is an owner/boss over her head to copy on the email, do it.

Save copies of all of these emails and any responses to a flash drive.
Looni2ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #33
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Sorry Im late back to my own party, but Im not in FL anymore folks, Im in GA.

In any case, thank you to everyone that has given me input. I find it remarkable that without putting exactly what kind of person my boss is, everyone seems to have 100% pegged the personality.

Regardless of what I do, I will be wrong and she will be offended. Up till now it appears she kinda likes me too, but I know she doesnt appreciate folks standing up to her.

I plan on playing dumb, sitting down with her, writing out her instructions, pointing out I cant do both things at once and working out something regarding this ridiculous 6 day work week. Also writing down all the expectations so I can point them out later.

No job deserves this much of my time unless its something I LOVE versus a paycheck. Nor does it rate the level of irritation I just cant seem to let go of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looni2ns View Post
Take notes! After an instruction session, send the boss an email reiterating your meeting, what she corrected you on (I'm being polite), and what she told you, and asking that if the information in the email is incorrect, to let you know as soon as possible. If there is an owner/boss over her head to copy on the email, do it.

Save copies of all of these emails and any responses to a flash drive.
I wish. We dont even have emails. *sigh*
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:23 AM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post

In any case, thank you to everyone that has given me input. I find it remarkable that without putting exactly what kind of person my boss is, everyone seems to have 100% pegged the personality.

Regardless of what I do, I will be wrong and she will be offended. Up till now it appears she kinda likes me too, but I know she doesnt appreciate folks standing up to her.

I plan on playing dumb, sitting down with her, writing out her instructions, pointing out I cant do both things at once and working out something regarding this ridiculous 6 day work week. Also writing down all the expectations so I can point them out later.

No job deserves this much of my time unless its something I LOVE versus a paycheck. Nor does it rate the level of irritation I just cant seem to let go of.

I wish. We dont even have emails. *sigh*
You should update your location!

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #35
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Cool, congrats on the move.

As far as recording goes Video is a no-no without consent of all parties. If you wanted to record conversations via audio you are good with consent of only one party, and you can be that one party.

It is probably best not to go this route though. I doubt it would have any positive effect and would most likely generate negative consequences in your office.

Quote:

Most everyone has had an unreasonable dick/bitch of a boss before. It makes it easy to sympathize. While it doesn't sound like you have much free time due to the hours you have to work keep looking for a new job. I'm sure you were happy to get this job. Imagine how happy you will be when you not only get a new one, but are able to leave your current job as well.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #36
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Ooooooo, ask her for "help" - not with everything, but with defining things. People with that attitude usually LOVE it when other people acknowledge they have power. Even if it's imaginary

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #37
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Ooooooo, ask her for "help" - not with everything, but with defining things. People with that attitude usually LOVE it when other people acknowledge they have power. Even if it's imaginary
That is EXACTLY the tactic I plan to take. Somewhat meek, fake confusion, ask for her to help me "understand" what she wants exactly so I dont "mess up" anymore.

I'll see where that gets me. If I get irritated, I may be unemployed today, so I am trying to avoid that. Wish me luck, it'll be in within the hour or so...
Old 11-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #38
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

luck!!

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #39
the chi
Forum Coach

Anyone know labor laws in GA?

Had my meeting, still have a job, it was decently pleasant I guess. No defensive or outbursts on either side (mostly).

I have been informed when we work Saturdays we still get to work a full work week, but taking an hour lunch M-F evens it out on those weeks we dont work Saturdays. So, 37.5 hours one week, and 42.5 hours the next, no OT pay. Is this legal?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #40
papapoi
Lost

that adds up to 80 hours for 2weeks and which is 40 hrs each week.