Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #29
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Well, I finally started doing SOMETHING to try to get back the stamina I used to have.
Monday I started running. The street I live on has a cul-de-sac at the end and it's a 3/4 mile loop from my mailbox to there and back. Now, I know it doesn't sound like much but, it's a mild incline for the first part and then it goes down a very steep hill as in greater than 20 degrees of incline and back up an equal hill to the cul-de-sac!
On Monday I ran at a 16:20 mile pace with a peak of 6mph. My lungs were on a dry fire and all I could taste was blood and I probably looked like a bull mastiff with all the phlegm I was producing! It's the first time I've ran in probably 20 years!
Tuesday I ran at a 12:46 pace with a peak of 7mph. My lungs didn't hurt nearly as much and I was actually able to run all the way to the cul-de-sac without stopping before I started walking for a bit.
Wednesday I ran at a 10:12 pace with a peak of nearly 8mph. It still sucked but, slightly less than the previous days.
Today I went all to hell! I ran at a 10:14 pace with a peak of 7mph and it nearly killed me!
My biggest problem is the air is moving in and out but, it's like no oxygen is being exchanged! I fully breathe with my ribcage and diaphragm but, it's like the air is dead.
I downloaded Cardio Trainer by Noom and it's really cool but, I can't choose what songs to play while I'm running. It plays everything on my phone! I'm really tired of hearing my ringtones while I'm running! Also, for some reason it doesn't show elevation although that may be a feature for the pro (paid) version.
My plan is to keep running and hope I improve and my lungs start working. We'll see how it goes.
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote