Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post

Zoomy, are you on a well or county water as well? or do you ONLY have tanks? Do you rely on rainwater? Or do you have a tank on a trailer that you run to fill up then dump in your tanks at the house?

The more I hear about your house the more I wanna come just to see it and your "estate"
ONLY tanks. No well and we are too far out for city water. We have 20,000 gallons of main storage with a 500 gallon pre-wash. That storage is triple filtered (paper filter, charcoal filter and UV light) with a pump to the house. I also have 1000 gallons of unfiltered that is gravity fed to the garden.

I can have water delivered - the services out here only charge for the diesel to have it delivered. They don't charge for the water. So, about 2,000 gallons are about $65.

We are putting in a pool after a wildfire scare earlier this year. That means not only a pool for us, but an added water source. Adding shade and wind turbines... http://bionovanaturalpools.com/

Speaking of estate, I have new neighbors that just moved in from California. I haven't met them. It's pretty rare out here to have someone stop by to say hello, with the gates and "Private Property" signs and all But, I got a call from our Constable one afternoon:

C: Hey, are you out shooting this afternoon?
Me: Yes.
C: You have a range, right?
Me: Yes, why?
C: You have new neighbors just South of you, right?
Me: Yes. Again, why?
C: [with a bit of a giggle] They just called 9-1-1 to report attack-like gunfire.

The funny part, it was just me, on my range with my 9. Just target practice BANG-TING
BANG-TING
BANG-TING

no rapid fire, no mass amounts of shots. Attack-like.

Sorry for all the OT, y'all drying out up North yet?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote