Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #22
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
I get the purpose of it, but I don't see the advantage of multiple inline's vs. an actual efficient tank style.
An "on demand" water heater is an inline heater that heats water as it is called for.
My understanding of them is that they are great for a bathroom etc on an end of a home that is away from the rest of the hot water requirements. This way you are not running hot water through pipes the length of the house.
To adequately supply hot water to all required places in a 3 bathroom home, I don't see how an inline would keep up? You would need one per bathroom, and for the laundry and one for the kitchen.
Tell me where I'm wrong...

I believe that's how my brother's new house is gonna be. Two 40's near the garage and an inline on the other side and some kind of recirculation system. They may have changed things up since then. May not even be installing the inline.

Inline water heaters get damn hot. They use a 3/4" gas line and need a specific water pressure. You can run your shower 24/7 or until you gas line runs dry. Also I'm sure they're are different sizes of tankless units to suit your needs.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote