Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

View Poll Results: Waving as you pass another rider?
Wave to all riders 21 87.50%
Wave to sportbike riders 2 8.33%
Wave to riders on same type bike 0 0%
Wave to no one 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost View Post
There are dozens of threads about waving on every motorcycle forum and usually people complain about those that don't. I've noticed something though especially with cruisers.
Most cruiser riders wear black jackets with black gloves. I usually initiate the wave (due to my obvious superiority) and those that appear not to wave are usually just raising a couple of fingers from their grip. Black fingers against a black background going 50+mph is hard to see from the other side of the highway.
I've rarely ever had anyone not wave if I waved first. I have noticed a lot of younger riders and just a few older riders look at me like they think something is wrong ahead or think something is in the road and I'm pointing at it but, most get it.
Next time you wave, look at the hand to see if they finger-waved (the good kind) or ignored you. I think a lot more wave than is realized but for whatever reason they don't want to take their hand off the bar.
What about the guy we passed on the blue ridge. I dont think he was giving us the good wave
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote