Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Took a look at the Verizon selection of phones. What a disappointment. Aside from the fact that all the Verizon phones were non-functional dummy units, not a single one stood out as a must have. I couldn't give a shit about the Galaxy Nexus if I tried. The RAZR Maxx looks like shit, and whatever the hell that Samsung is with the slide out keyboard, I'll pass. Samsung in general is a complete pass. The shit UI they put on it is a deal killer.

I peeked at the AT&T selection as well. They had 6 Galaxy Notes all hooked up and running. That is a big motherfucking phone/tablet/thing. I almost really like it. The HTC One X is a really nice looking phone. It was also a dummy unit, but the look and physical feel of the phone was very nice. The specs are nice too. If it were on Verizon, I'd have probably walked out with a new phone. Unfortunately, Verizon has stated that they're not getting the HTC One series of phones, instead opting for another shitty iteration of the Incredible. Fuck that. The other surprise was a fully functioning Lumia 900. That's a damn sharp phone. Really nice, solid construction, super quick and ultra smooth UI, and just really well done. I think, after playing around with it for a while, I could easily live with one of the newer Windows phones. They've done a damn fine job of making it solid phone. I would have loved to have compared it to ICS on the Galaxy Nexus to see how they match up, but against Gingerbread, I'd much rather have the Windows Phone 7.5 operating system.

Again, though, not available on Verizon. They're dick and balls deep in their own branded Android shit that's starting to get dull and tedious. So, as of now, I'm staying with the iPhone 4.
Did you browse any with the Lumina? I heard someone talk about how the layout wasn't good for browsing forums.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote