Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2011, 11:40 AM   #10
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Brother, I understand where you're coming from and I certainly wasn't taking a dig at you. My point is I can't and wouldn't live like that. I'll be completely honest...I'd quit if that was my job. I know the economy is tough and all that but that ain't how I get down. I'd rather be homeless and unemployed that work weeks on end with no time off.
I wasn't taking it as a dig. I just wanted to take the time to explain my position.

I know what/how you want your job. But there is a trade off to be had. If you had hours/pay/money on a higher priority, you could also have more toys or do that house upgrade you want.

I REALLY hope that we can get this transition and cross training done by next spring so I can have a decent normal summer/life. With this new $13M contract we just picked up at my location we may end up manning the facility 24/7 instead of a walk away. We also may increase our crew from 3 ops (I'm one) & 1 LTO (lead terminal operator/jr boss) to 4 ops & 1 LTO. If we do that and everybody is cross trained as well. I want to go on the same sked Caveman is on. 4 man rotation 12 hour shifts. Work 15 out of 21 days (night & day shift swing in there but never work more than 4 days straight), then get 7 days off (28 day rotation), repeat. That is more days off all around and with that 7 day off stretch, it's awesome. Add in after your 12 hour shift there, not on call. WIN WIN WIN

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote