Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default update

Ok, so it's been a few days now... what an experience so far...

Both are eating like champions now... no more hand feeding, they just go at it. Belle has been pooping 1 time per day, about half the size of her normal poop, slimy, but solid... Taco on the other hand...

Saturday Taco continued to shit liquid... Then later on in the day, there was a little blood... about a half hour later, he shit straight blood. I had been reading and the big thing was if the blood was red (it was) - could be irritation (dog IBS), a bone fragment, or allergy. Not something to be immediately freaked out about. Given the amount of blood, I figured bone fragment... so I investigated and found a sharp little bone up in him... He still doesn't look at me the same, but the next poop was pretty much blood free and every one since has been without blood.

Sunday I got pretty excited because, while still shooting some liquid, Taco had a good amount of solid poo as well... I figured he's adjusting and it's getting better. Then ONSSP took him out yesterday morning and he shot straight liquid again... same thing for me last night.

I am REALLY hoping it's not an allergy thing... I cut out organ meat to see and am going to up the bone content a bit to see if I can balance it out. We'll give him a few more days and hopefully this shit will solidify.

Otherwise, both dogs are very happy and totally normal. Can't tell yet about weight loss/gain or anything, so I'm sticking with the portion sizes as-is for now.

Hokie - I don't plan on doing the glop thing... don't see it as necessary... I doubt that if all the humans died tomorrow our dogs would be eating from the garden and shit... pretty sure they'd be killing buffalos and cool shit like that.

Also, as far as fasting is concerned... not gonna happen with my dogs. Taco must eat twice a day at relatively consistent intervals or else he has a tendency to vomit. Probably has something to do with him tearing up his ropes and those strings upsetting his stomach...

Don't worry too much about finding a butcher... you'll get serious cost savings anyway... I bought chickens for $1.19/lb and Publix... Found them for $0.99/lb at Walmart and found them for $0.89/lb at BJ's. You can also find chicken scraps for cheaper than that... I think I saw necks and backs for $0.69/lb at Publix.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote