Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Is tin foil the fabric of this summer?

My Hotmail account is my main account. I only set up a Gmail account because Hotmail was down for a few hours a few years ago. So I don't get much sent there. Yes they would retain search info, thats just good business. What is it that you think they can do or will do?
I would rather have my info held by several companies rather than one. One good hack and all that shit's gone.

Today, I can get some pretty decent info on you without trying very hard. Imagine what it will be like in 10 years. The way people seem to not care about privacy anymore, I wouldn't doubt it if in the future I could read everything you've written everywhere, because all your past IP's have been linked and recorded, along with everything you've ever purchased, all your class transcripts, every medical procedure you've had, etc.

I just logged into my healthcare provider, and looked at my claim history.........They posted an incorrect diagnosis from a doctor. He wrote that I possibly had something, but couldn't be sure without further testing. And since I never had that testing done with him, he couldn't possibly have given me that diagnosis. Yet the insurance co put it online as a "diagnosis" anyway. So now I have to figure out how to correct that. Meanwhile if someone cracks into my account, they can see that.

Most of you are younger than me, so there are different attitudes I guess, but I just don't see why people don't care about privacy. As more time goes by, it's going to be harder and harder for you to get a job because they can dig up more and more dirt about you.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote