Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
I just don't get why the police were called.. Your telling me one of the janitors couldn't just take it away from the kid? He's 8.. WTF?
Schools are terrified of doing anything that may be violent to a kid and for good reason. They would much rather have the police come out and deal with the situation because, unlike people at a school, the police are trained in how to subdue violent individuals. Typically more weight will be given to the judgment calls of the cops over the judgment calls of a teacher/janitor/administrator. It also has the benefit of kicking most of the liability from the school and over to the police department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
I can't believe he hadn't already been expelled! That was the third time the cops had to go there because of him?!? Good grief!!! If he was that violent I wouldn't have been the cop that injured him (or myself) trying to stop his tantrum. I would have sprayed him too!
Good luck with expulsion. It is extremely difficult to permanently expel a kid from school. If I'm remembering it right the school district would have to be able to provide an acceptable alternative for his education before they could remove him from this school for good.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote