Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #11
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
And yes, the more expensive the rounds you use, the more you'll save, and then you do have the benefit of putting in the powder and bullets you prefer, which hopefully will give you that "match ammo" feeling at the line like you've got going for you there RD

Care to share the details of your reloading gear?
Not sure I'd consider mine "match ammo" but sure does feel and perform like it for me.

I have an RCBS JR-3 press. I think it's from 1970-something but really not sure. Dad picked it up at an auction in 2008 for $12.50 (yes, I have the receipt).

I have an old school powder measure.

I have RCBS dies, none that are carbide. I don't mind greasing the cases and then cleaning them.

The press has a place for a rod for dispensing the primers versus a hand primer.

Oh, my scales are also old school, simple style with 20W oil or something like that to slow the paddle down when I measure the powder.

Hubby bought me a small set of digital calipers so I can make sure my total length (bullet + case) isn't over the spec. I don't check all since the dies are set but I do have to check when I switch from case lead bullets to bought slightly flat nose jacketed ones.

I think that's about it.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote