Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
In regards to the buying a car and not using it as intended...there's a guy in town who special ordered a Shelby Mustang...the real deal mind you.

Why was it a special order you ask...? Because it's an effing AUTOMATIC!!!!! He had to special order to GET an AUTOMATIC.

And he doesnt even KNOW what he's got. He had money to blow, and thought it looked cool. Non driving, mechanically retarded dude who just wants it because it LOOKS cool.

I get pissed everytime I see that car driving around town. Usually because I'm PASSING it in my jeep or the hubby's truck, as it's going at or under the speed limit and I am just so angry that it's such a WASTE!

ARGHHHHHHH.

I've known a few of the vette guys who only took theirs to shows. As in, garaged, trailered with a cover everywhere and NEVER saw the road.

I'll just never understand that. Why spend the money on a vehicle you dont plan on using to its capabilities as best you can? If you've got the money to buy it in the first place just to let it sit around, arent chances good you can replace it when you rag it out??

Hmmm.... but I know several people whom won't ride their sport bikes hard on the street either. I don't know, for day to day driving, I don't see a problem with "cruising". I do agree with MP that it is silly to drag your sport car to the Gap to cruise around. Heck, I have a Mustang and I don't "hot rod" it everywhere I go but I do take it out to the back roads once in a while and let it run.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote