Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I have a full size Springfield GI model in stainless. I have no complaints. I haven't tracked it but I would guess I have around 4-5,000 rounds through it. The only problem I have had was the tip of the extractor broke off. Springfield has a lifetime warranty so I called and told them about it, they emailed me a prepaid FedEx overnight label, fixed it, and shipped it back all at no charge. Turn around time was about a week and a half.

My only regret with the gun is I should have got the Mil-Spec model instead of the GI. The GI sights are blacked out and it is difficult to aim without bright lighting while the Mil-Spec has three dot sights. The Mil-Spec also has a lowered and flared ejection port. Without that the GI mostly sends empty shell casings directly over my head. The rest of the time it sends them in to my forehead, behind my safety glasses, down my shirt, and various other places. The extra charge for the Mil-Spec is worth it if for no other reason than to avoid dancing around like an idiot to get a hot shell casing out of your shirt.
perfect review, that was the version i was going to look at. think i'll look at the mil spec instead. i am a lousy dancer. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote