Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Hmmm... me either, that wasn't my exact point, merely that everyone said they would close shop in a couple years... probably a bad example. The thing is that lots of people spend top dollar for exclusive or designer clothes, cars, bikes, etc... I buy whatever catches my eye at the time. I personally don't like the EH look because of the large logos. it's the same reason I don't buy Coogi. I buy clothes for fit and the way it looks on me. Almost all of my jeans are either Lucky or Express for this reason.

Getting back to Polo... if the only difference between a Polo polo and an Aeropostal (for example) polo is the logo, why spend 2-3x as much? Could it be the prestige of wearing Polo? Are you really going to argue that Polo brand clothes are that much better than the less expensive brands? Isn't it a fact that all of these clothes are, for the most part, made in some sweatshop in a third world country? I still maintain that the main reason for wearing designer clothing is ''prestige" and not "quality". I've had Guess jeans that fell apart after a few washes and crappy Old Navy jeans that refuse to die! If you really are olny concerned with "quality" and "wear", go to Walmart and buy some Dickies jeans...they could conceivably BURY you in them if you live to be 80!!!

Who said anything about quality?

I've been wearing Polo since I was a kid. Why? I like them.

Could I wear Aeropostal cheaper? You tell me. I'm not trendy enough to know who has the best deals in the mall.

If I need a casual shirt to go somewhere in, I can be in and out of Macy's in 5 minutes thanks to Ralph Lauren. If I am feeling budget conscious, I can hit up the local TJMaxx and buy them for $30 each.

Why does everything have to become a price war with you? Ed Hardy could be in the bargain bin at Target and they would still be obnoxious and ghey.