Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default NJMP report 6/28

Wound up having a great day today. Learned a lot and tweaked my body position so its not as bad on my knees.

The day didnt start off too hot. First session was a clusterfuck, knees started hurting after a few laps, my head wasnt in it and just felt lost out there. was more interested in watching an airplane take off then making a turn. Second session was a little better, at least I knew where I was this time around and rode a little better but was getting tired quickly so I just relegated myself to riding fast for a few laps then pitting out.

Durring lunch I had my suspension set up. Made some twists and turns and altered my riding geometry due to the tire wear I had. he said it would make the bike turn in faster and would be a bit more flickable. I took it easy next session out and was altered a few things with my body position after something our instructor said in the classroom. After a lap or 2 a CR caught up to me and had me follow him for a few laps then waved me ahead and i rode a few decent laps. We tracked each other down afterwards and he gave me some good info, esp how i was realy dropping anchor on a few turns.

So we head out again and I make it a point to brake less or not at all on a few turns and its working well and I wind up mixing it up with a few guys and rode some good laps. my last few sessions were by far my best of the year. I was able to take all the classroom stuff and advice I got from our instructor and control riders and put it to use.

What I realy like with the instructors with TTD are how they realy stress the use of reference points and finding more of them and using them as opposed to just riding by feel. I was able to apply a lotof what I learned today prety quickly and see where i need to find more reference points. I was able to learn a lot about t-bolt today but can also apply that knowledge to other tracks.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote