Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #27
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
Either way factor in the fact that its a loved one, and the emotional stress and lack of good judgment that would cause, and you have good potential to do more damage than good.
Excellent point. I have run stroke codes in the ER and its usualy a prety chill thing to do(only becasue I have done it before) but if its a friend or family member that can change things drastically.

had to say what training/credentials this guy has. We have some techs that can spot problems out a mile away and others that I swear forget to breathe sometimes, but out here they realy try to hammer the issue of time in case of strokes since its so critical in getting TPA on board if theyre cadidates for it.

We had a bad one sunday night actualy, got a notification of someone with SVT comming in, I figure ok thats easy, thats the easiest algorythm for me. Turns out EMS did EVERYTHING in the field so I am like ok what now. We ge tthe heart rate down to about 120, she sstill altered and not realy communicating. We figure maybe she stroked out, lets scan her head. Shes got a huge bleed in her brain. Def didnt see that one comming.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote