Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Nts do you understand the severity of a stroke and its effects on the human body? You would rather waste time waiting for the ambulance to come to your house? No thanks...the response time of driving yourself and your loved one to the hospital is ten fold over the ambulance response time...when you said her life wasn't in immediate danger...well that's just ignorance...just because someone isn't bleeding or losing a limb doesn't meant there not in immediate need of medical attention.

And with the ryan moats incident when the cop was threatening to tow the car I would said fuck it tow the damn thing and let me go to my dying mothers side...and people wonder why the world has such a dislike for police officers...granted most of the time they only get chastized by the bad they do and very rarely do we see the good cop stories in the world...but still...they are a symbol of "to protect and serve" your not protecting shit when you act like this
And whayt if their heart stops or they stop breathing? The ambulance has stuff on board to address that, thye can also assess the pt and if it does look like a stroke will call a notification and hopefully take them to a stroke center. When we get a stroke call we have CT cleared and waiting and neurology is uauly already in the ER to asess the pt and we can get TPA on board in under an hr in most cases.

I dont know anyone in their right mind who would give thrombolytics without a CT unless you want to find a career in something other than the medical field.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote