Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #11
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
I'm a simple man and have simple opinions. If I invite you to my house for dinner, you may stay until I'm ready for you to leave. If you don't leave when it's time, I will make you leave. If you fremember at 2 AM that you forgot your lighter, you cannot come back and get it, you get it when it's convenient to me. It's not my fault you forgot your lighter. If you attempt to enter my house when not invited, I will hurt you unitl you no longer desire or are unable to enter my house.

Let me translate: If you come into our country legally and your visa expire, you should be made to leave. If you got pregnant while you are here then you can take your baby with you, give it up for adoption or let it become a ward of the state. Birth control comes with directions in Spanish and it's not my fault you couldn't stop fucking. If you try to cross our border it is more than appropriate that we do everything we can think of to prevent you from doing so. If you left your kid here, we will determine when you get the child back.

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but just because your life would be better here doesn't automatically mean you can up and come here. I understand the desire to do so, but that's not the way it works. Criminal, civil, all of this is obfuscatory bullshit - if you shouldn't be here, you need to leave. If this impacts your baby's life then you should have thought of that first. Millions of couples are on adoption lists and I'm sure Angelina will adopt your baby.

And as for the reconquistadores or however you spell it, sure, we took your land. Until such time as you have the means to reclaim it by the same means and subsequently hold said land, we make the rules. Tough breaks. I don't care if it's legal or right and wrong, my concern is hospitals going bankrupt because of uninsured illegal immigrants abusing emergency services. I would think in a time of unprecedented national debt and expenditures an ever numerically increasing group who use our public services while putting no resource to continue them back into the system would be an easy decision. I also think that in a post 911 world the question of whether or not we allow a border to be porous to anyone who wishes to cross it without any sort of hindrance, regardless of their intentions or affiliations, is a stupid one. Sorry for the kids but maybe if their parents were better at their jobs this wouldn't come up.

And is the legal immigration process shitty? Sure it is. But so is the process for me to pay off my mortgage, and yet I still keep paying it. Stop justifying such obvious bullshit and take a stand.
Great post!
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote