Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Default Experienced Ebayers, a question....

Alright, I'm not the MOST experienced Ebay buyer; I troll more than I actually buy and sell, so I've got a weird question:

I bought something the other day; shipping listed on the auction was $13.95, shipment via Priority Mail coming from San Francisco. The seller has a great feedback rating, and has sold many items of this variety/size before.

So I win the auction the other day, send payment via PayPal immediately, and I get an email from them confirming that it'll be shipping yesterday. Great!

So today I have an email from them today saying "Your item shipped out yesterday, but shipping ended up being more than expected, it actually came to $35.95, so we need you to pay the additional $22. Sorry for the inconvenience." Then they also sent me a money request via PayPal.

I'm thinking "WTF!" Sounds like they're just pissed the item sold as cheaply as it did, and they're trying to make up the difference in shipping. Or, if the item really WAS that expensive to ship, then hey, that's their problem, IMO... there's an option to have the buyer select the method of shipment and enter their zip code when they set up the auction, but they didn't do that, so I don't think I should be responsible for their mistake. Not to mention, they had already SHIPPED the item when they asked for the additional $22, so it's not like I had an option to say "Hmmm... no thanks."

So for you more experienced Ebayers, what're my options here? I only have a feedback of like 3 on there, so I don't want a negative feedback, but at the same time, I didn't do anything wrong, IMO.... do I have any recourse with Ebay or PayPal here?

neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote