Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600
Default Jennings Track Days 4/19-4/20

So, finally got back to the track after last years wreck, and after the initial nerves and hysteria, (yes, I said it, I got just a tad panicked about getting out there), it was AWESOME!!!

Saturday was a ladies only event, there were 21 riders and about 4 control riders, we got to do 20 minute sessions in 3 groups: Race, Intermediate, and Novice. Had a few actual female racers who also ran control for us, they were awesome, and only 1 was over 5 feet tall (she was 6'), so for those that complain about height being a deterrent from riding, there is no excuse!! I got to meet some incredible women out there, from the lady with the prosthetic ankle tearing it up to the 15 yo racer who won 2 championships last year!! I learned alot from watching and chatting with the ladies and worlking with them one on one and will most def recommend a ladies only day for those that are nervous about riding with the guys!! On a side note, we completed a whole day with NO RED FLAGS!!

Sunday was a free for all, men and women, and it was alot of fun as well. One of my local shops hosted the day and many of the control riders were guys I ride with on a weekly basis so it was very comfortable having them there to offer their advice and get real track experience from them, as many have raced or currently do! I had a great time, and while we did have a couple of crashes, no one was seriously injured!

Everything is so technical and detailed, I'd love to share everything I learned and practiced, but theres too much!!

Here are some pics from this weekend, dont have Sat. yet, but these are just from the pro photog on Sunday...

My buddy Joe, a current licensed racer, watching me go round...

and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote