Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
School should be used as a preparation for basic-advanced life skills, things you do or might have to do everyday as an adult. Manage your finances, monitor your credit, change a flat tire, run from point a to point b, solve a mathematically based problem, apply histories lessons to your own life and society as well and so on and so forth.

Instead it is used as a primarily preparation for college even though many students won't be attending. And secondly as a daily preparation for standardized tests that make the school look good or bad. You know how many standardized tests I've taken since I got out of high school? That's right, fucking none....but goddamn if we didn't practice for them everyday of my 4 years in HS. What a complete waste.

Using your body in a physical manner is something everyone of us does everyday. We should be all be trained in balance, strength, hand-eye coordination, etc. This is EVERY bit as important as math, science or even reading. Keeping your kid weak, flabby and sunless should not be an option for you just as sending them with a note to skip math because its too hard is not an option either. In fact, if you want weak flabby kids then home school them. The system that educates the majority of our population needs to put a very large emphasis on shaping us up.

Furthermore, from an education stand point, physically fit people perform much better on an intellectual level as well. One feeds the other. Strong bodies make for strong minds. This should be 100% common sense, kids who are exercised behave better and pay attention better.

ADHD, fat children, disease ridden schools, lack of confidence? Give me a motherfucking break. No shit kids can't sit still in class, they haven't gotten the first bit of exercise in a whole goddamn week. This is one more reason we are to fail as a society. Physical laziness.
+trillion

Although I would add that human/social skills are the most important thing to learn while you're that age.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote