Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
sounds like your school system is very small. different environment there entirely.

my sons school had 2400 students in it. lots of bussed in kids, for better education and what not.

wish I could tell you how many parents said the very same thing you just did before their child got to high school.

not saying it is there just don't be caught blindsided.
1300 kids in the HS not sure how big the middle school is. I'm up at that school a lot, probably 2-3 times a week usually after hours, not during school. It will be less now that football season is over though. I like what I see in the kids there. It gives me hope for the future. These kids are polite, dress normally and no weird shit like piercings, heavy makup, long black trench coats..... I see them and they are happy to be at school. Sure they have their little cliques that they keep to but that is expected. The school doesn't allow the kids to wear hats at all. Kids can't use cell phones at all during school hours except during lunch. That means no texting as well. It's so different than the HS I grew up in L.A.

News stories like this is why I chose this school district. Now I'm not going to say that NOTHING bad will ever happen at the school, but I assure you that that the chances are far less than that of a metro area school.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote