Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

And those holes you drilled into the upper fairing - they didn’t really do anything, did they?
Of course they did, haha! At the time Honda NSR race machines had holes in their fairings. Some say they worked and helped the machine turn quickly. On my Fireblade it just looked right. The holes that did work were on the front fender on later models. We made holes there for air to pass through and almost ‘suck’ the front wheel to the ground.
Um, yeah.......If that concept worked, everyone else would be doing it

I liked the holes, they looked cool -----why not just admit that's all they were there for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
The latest incarnation of the blade has a controversial look, but do you like it?
Ah, a very difficult question. Image is number one these days, and the 2008 Blade’s looks are…questioned. But the handling and character, packaged controllability, means a shorter nose was needed. The new fairing was developed for this and it gave the bike a different character. ...
Uh, I don't see how a shorter nose accomplishes much. Is he talking about mass centralization? Well it's not like the headlights and gauges weigh all that much, and even if they did, you could mount them further back and just extend the fairing further forward.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote