Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR
Default Camping

So this weekend I went camping in Southern Ohio at my Uncle's cabin.

Got there Friday afternoon and stayed until today. It was nice to take my husband down to see the cabin. I guess it was a barn or something way back in the day. My Uncle Dewey, in 1976 re-mortered it and made it nice. I used to go down when I was little but haven't been there in 20 years.

Fast forward to yesterday, the point of my thread... we were on our way back from town heading toward the place where my step-Grandma's family farm used to be. We passed a Jersey cheese farm, then decided to turn around to try some Jersey cheese. They are only open by appt only so we turned around again and headed on the way we had been going.

A trailblazer was coming around the corner so we pulled over and stopped since the roads there are more like drive ways - one lane and gravel. Continued on around the corner and down a hill... there were 2 little puppies walking in the middle of the road. That dumb bitch HAD to have just dumped them off. We stopped and took them with us, then turned back around going after her.

Some girls had been walking on down the road closer to town and we asked them about the truck. They seemed to know exactly who she was as they told us EXACTLY where to find it. We wrote the license number down and plan to report her.

Continued into town to see if the sheriff was still there, nope. Called them and the dog warden for the town, both went to voicemail. Unfreaking believable... voicemail for the sheriff. Neither of them have called back, not even to say we can't help or wait until Monday...

So we bought some dog food and took them back to the cabin with us. We (my Mom) temporarily named them Lacy and LuLu.

Today we came home and brought Lacy (on left, because of her fluffy ears) and LuLu with us. We plan to take them to our humane society up here. I hope they find a nice home.

How can people be so heartless? There is no way these two little girls could have made it through the night. Those hills are full of coyote, etc. and it was cold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lacy & LuLu.jpg (378.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by racedoll; 10-11-2009 at 07:52 PM..
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote