Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #15
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
If charts scare you what happens when you see a powerpoint, a complete loss of bladder control?
No, that's reserved for the unexpected appearance of ex-wives, and snakes.

Quote:
Part of the reason for the threat level is for the public. It is designed to drive situational awareness among the public. The public has not responded as hoped. It is also designed to cover the government's collective ass. If an attack happens they can point to the threat level as evidence that they tried to warn the public. On both these fronts I don't think it has been particularly effective.
We would seem to be in agreement here.

Quote:
It is also designed to be the civilian agency equivalent of the DEFCON system for the military. Government agencies are supposed to set their preparation, readiness, and security procedures based upon the threat level. The military has different procedures based upon different defense readiness conditions. Civilian governmental agencies are supposed to do the same based upon the different threat levels. I don't know how successful that has been.
I don't know either. Maybe we need a chart...

Quote:
As I said above, part of the reason for the threat level was to drive situational awareness in the public. It hasn't worked. Is that a failing of the system or the public? I would say both.
Ok, so if it hasn't worked, why are we still using it? That, I think, is the whole point of the conversation. Perhaps we should stop wasting our money on charts, and try something else.

JC