Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #23
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
If its just a difference in opinion then way make fun of those who think differently by calling them rednecks or chest thumpers?

I mean, I think your viewpoints related to self defense are ridiculous, but I give you credit because before I started reading your posts years ago I had no idea people actually thought like that. Seriously...it was eye opening.

Our biggest difference in this particular post is what we consider self defense. I consider what this guy did, chasing down the bad guys and doing some killing as self defense. To me defense is your response to a threat. These guys threatened him and his wife and he responded. It does not matter to me that he had to get untied and chase them down.
To me, true self defense = your life or limb is in danger, so you defend yourself. So the only way this case could be called "self defense" is if you wanted to make sure someone doesn't threaten your life in the future, assuming they ever will. And that's a pretty big gray area. I could see how it might be legitimate for someone to think "That burglar had a weapon and I don't want him to have the opportunity to come back again, or threaten someone else." But the law has to create boundaries in order to avoid a slippery slope. That's why this guy will probably face charges.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote