Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #11
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm looking for a project that I can spend time on. My current plans are to use a good majority of the frame and attach a sidecar to it. I want to use the stock steering head and keep the imprinted Vin number. This way I have the opportunity to still register and insure it for street duty if I feel like. I've been drawing designs on napkins as my preliminary sketches before i put it into a CAD program. one of my reasons for using a much older sportbike is the steel frame, I can weld steel, I can weld aluminum but I do a crappy job with aluminum.

My initial guesses are that I would be able to maintain the stock rear swingarm (slightly lengthened) and the stock tripple trees with a custom suspension and more hospitibal steering angles.

Right now is just the reaserch part, cost estimates, parts stuff like that.
I would think the parts you would be able to carry over would depend on what you want to do with it. If you are keeping stock wheels and tires you should be able to carry a lot over with less modification. If you want to use wheels and tires like those used in the picture you posted very little would carry over.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote