Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea, I can't ride a 600. I put tires on my buddy's bike last week and rode it to his house for him and I hated every mile. There is just something about a liter bike that appeals to me...
I put a new from tire on he R6 Friday night and took it out for a spin to check everything after I was finished. I 'almost never' ride the R6 anymore since my wife took it over and started riding. I hopped on it...hit the road...all seemed good at low speed...warmed the tires up and hit it and was like WTF...I thought something was wrong with it and then remembered where the power was. After I hit 10k it was a beast from then on but down low...not so much.

I know this 675 and even the 636 mentioned would have more down low...or at least I think they should but up top the R6 is a blast.

Saturday morning we got up and went for a ride. I hopped on my R1...hit the road...went through the gears and said..."ahhhh...daddy's home !!"

I know the track is different but on the street...give me my litre please.

I've already mentioned that I think the 675 in the original post is sexy...and it is !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
It looks sweet but that swingarm looks so damn frail.

As far as middleweights go I still prefer the GSXR750, not that I'd own one again but... liter performance from a 600 weight class... you can't beat it.
I really like the 750 quite a bit.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote