Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default 403b/401k question

Just wanted to see what you guys thought about this. I have a possible job offer for an Er up in the bronx (going from one ghetto to another ) now I am suppose to speak to the director today as far as the job itself but my freind who works there tells me the job is prety much mine if I want it (expierenced ER PA's who are willing to work only nights seem to be a rare commodity)

Now being a creature of habit I am a bit hesitant about making the jump but thats something I need to deal with. Now part of my decision making process is the retirement plans. I am assuming they have a 401k there that i would roll my money into from my 403b acct at the hospital now. My question is would it be worth doing now since a lot of my investment sare a little on the down side since the economy is in the crapper. Someone said I may be able ot leave my 403b and start a new 401k and roll it over later. Just wanted to see what thoughts everyone had on this.

The state 403b acct is prety good, between the hospital matching part of my contribution and having a supplimental acct where I am contributing another 15500 a year into it or what ever the max is now.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote