Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Talking Picked Up My New Rig!!!!

Brought it home at like 2am and spent the day getting insurance, a tag, and starting to clean it up. Pics tomorrow. This is now what I will take to Alaska and live out of for most of my 6 week trip.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...pe=b&make=FORD

Actually has 260k on the clock but the transmission was replaced by a Ford dealership at 230K miles about 3 years ago. Also had new alternator, water pump and front brakes installed right before he put it up for sale.

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

The best part: is that it is valued at just over 14K on KBB and trust me when I say it isn't quite the buyers market for these trucks. People still want them and people will die before letting go of them. I can't count the number of times I found one I liked and it was gone the next day, or I called the same day of a new listing and it had a deposit on it. Not to mention anything at this price was always a piece of crap.

I had given up on wanting the crew cab, the leather, and the long bed since my pickyness was killing my options and I was trying to bring my budget down. By some stroke of luck I found this one within 60 miles of me and within hours I was at the owners house driving it. Despite its mileage, it is light years ahead of most of the 140-180k trucks I drove. Everything is functional and the leather is mint except for the common wear on the edge of the driver's seat but the owner's wife sewed it up so I don't mind.

Sorry for lack of better pics, I just had to share this with someone.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote