Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Racerboy
The Other White Meat

Moto: 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS
Default Got stoped by FHP today....

I was heading up the turnpike to see Will and was buzzin along at a good clip, maybe 10+ over the limit behind this Toyota Rav4. We slowed down as we passed a trooper who had just finished issuing a ticket to someone. Once passed and in the clear, we picked it back up but again the Rav4 was still in the lead.

All of a sudden the RAV4 steps on the brakes hard and I did as well...looking in my mirror I saw why. The FHP had settled in behind me! I figured if he was going to get someone for speeding it would be the lead vehicle (at least I hoped) but alas, it was me he wanted. I was ready to take my lashing for bumping up the limit if that's what was meant to be.

He lit me up, I signaled and pulled over to the right shoulder, shut off the bike and removed the key. When I flipped open my shield, he asked me if I was Evin (the bikes registered owner) I told him no and I was merely borrowing the scoot for the weekend as my friend was out of town. I gave him my license and he told me the reason he stopped me was my Sun Pass Transponder was slipping out of my back pocket and he thought I might lose it. Also, the tag is mounted to the center of the swing arm and is spring loaded to fold if the bike suspension gets loaded up (Pretty ingenious I must say!)

He proceeded to tell me he was not about to write me a ticket, just get the Sun Pass put away and have the tag corrected as there are (his words) "A lot of rookie assholes out there trying to make a name for themselves and with these new laws, some of them are taking it waaaaaaay too far and writing anyone who even comes close to an infraction"

WOW! What a great guy! We sat by the road and talked bikes for about 10 more minutes until a new Mustang Saleen screamed by and he said he had to go, duty calls!!

His name is officer Kingley. He was courteous and receptive to courtesy, informative, official yet forgiving. I was all ready to get my ticket and it never happened. This calls for a letter to be written to the FHP about his level of professionalism and lack of zeal for making a name for himself as the one who writes the most tickets.

Just thought I'd pass that along...

www.CheckeredFlagOils.com
954-975-BIKE (2453)
623-850-1OIL (1645)
Racerboy is offline   Reply With Quote