Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #16
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
Thanks for the links Tigger. I wear an XL. I know, I know......I've got the "Big Head!!"

You're right Corey, they do feel like a pillow next to anything else that I have ever put on. They are quite too.

While we are talking about helmet, and I don't care to make another thread about this if need be, has anyone ever made their own homebrew speaker setup for an MP3/4 player? I can't justify the cost of an aftermarket setup, but I can't figure out what speakers would work well and mounting for them. ??
Are speakers a requirement for you? There are quite a few simple and relatively cheap setups for some earbud setups. I used to ride around with the Koss/Foam earplug setup that made its way around the various forums. It was $10 for the earbuds and under two bucks for the foam ear plugs. with a little patience and a little bit of work you could have the combination of noise isolation from the foam ear plugs with the option for music. And the whole mess fit under a helmet without any problems. There are quite a few noise isolation earbuds on the market that can help to eliminate wind noise and give you nice clear sound while fitting under a helmet without having to trim away foam or rig up some speakers.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote