Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #32
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
The media can be a bitch at times. Why can't they just talk about the fight rather then the two sports? It stupid. Why don't they change it up and do one on Football/Soccer or Football/Hockey or Baseball/Basketball. You see what I'm saying. Just talk about the sport itself. They are two fight sports. Talk about the fight that is about to happen or the possible fights for the winner and where they could go from there. They are not helping either sport with that bullshit.

James
I agree totally. The Boxing vs MMA shit gets old, but they bring it out because it's bread and butter to them right now. I think that since MMA isn't a sport that gets airtime on ESPN, they ignore as much of it as they can, and dismiss what they have to report on. Since both MMA and Boxing play more frequently on other channels, they only cover the huge fights, and only in a minimalist fashion. It's the same thing they did with Hockey. As soon as they gave up the coverage, they've all but stopped providing updates or any news relating to it unless is a big goal that makes the rounds on all the news outlets,or a big fight that. Otherwise, hockey updates are stuck on the bottom scroll. Doesn't matter much to me. ESPN is to sports what MTV is to music at this point.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote