Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default A few pics from my new job

Well I've survived day 4 of my new job... everything is going great! So I figured I'd take the camera in to work today and snap a few pics of what I do now. It's actually kinda fun, but definitely hard and dirty work. There's plenty of it though, and that's all I care about My camera battery died while I was snapping, so I only got a few. Should give a good idea though

We start with this.... a fresh new victim. This one was a Saturn SL1. And freakin OUCH to whoever was sitting in the front passenger seat!!

Drop the motor and trannys out, put on pallets (this motor and trans was from the Impala I did before the Saturn. Camera dead when I got that one out)

Then put them up in the bins. These are only 2 pics of different bins. There's about 12-14 bins of JUST engines and transmissions, then a bunch more bins full of PS pumps, steering racks and gearboxes, starters, alternators, a/c compressors, fuel pumps, head/tail lights, radios, PCM's, wheels, steering wheels, and other misc stuff

Then we get to slice and dice! Who knew a Sawzall could be so much fun??

Then they go back out into the yard where they'll spend the rest of their life, until they head to the crusher. This is only a tiny part of the yard.... you can't see it from where I'm standing but off to the right there's another HUGE yard much bigger than what you see here

I'm liking this place so far though... everyone seems cool. Can't beat the benefits.... health/vision/dental insurance (and I think maybe life ins too... not positive).... $6.00/pay period. All the health insurance is 100% company paid... can't beat that! I think I'll fit right in

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote