Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

View Poll Results: Will you stay at the Blairsville Holiday Inn for the meet in Suches GA May 8-10?
Yes I'm staying there 13 43.33%
No, I'm either not coming or will have other accomodations. 17 56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #11
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Straight shot to Suches is 600 miles for me. That's all interstate- which I won't do. I'm working on a plan to ride down to visit my brother in NC, then ride over to GA. Looks like ~8 hours to NC, and another 5 to GA- according to google maps. I won't be at the posted limit though

Trying to decide if I'll wear my two-piece all the way down, or just riding jeans and leather jacket. Either way, I probably only need the saddlebags, not the top bag. I pack light. Don't know accommodations yet, so I may have a sleeping bag and tent strapped across the top.

I have a Stop'n'Go ATV kit with CO2. Fits perfectly in the tailsection under the seat. You can see all their stuff here. Mine just has the "licorice sticks," reamer, tool, and CO2 The only time I've used it was to give a bicyclist some CO2. I finally found a local Ski/Bike shop that has refills- something like $1.50 for a 16g.

Not sure what additional tools would be good to have. Definitely zip ties! Stuff to clean/lube the chain, maybe remove wheels and fairings. I'm sure a kickstand puck is a no-brainer, and I finally got one. Always have a cargo net and a couple rags and bungee cord in the tail.

Oh yeah- CAMERA! I need a new one. Turns out my micro tank bag in the cold with the vibration kills them Who'da thunk? So it will get packed in the saddlebags with soft stuff this time.