Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Around the World > Southeast Riders > Florida Riders

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default WooHoo!! Finally got a job

Man it seemed like it was gonna take forever! Even though it wasn't long at all compared to many people out there (I really do feel bad). But for those that remember, I was laid off on Nov 7th, so almost 2 months. I've never in my life been unemployed before though so it just seemed like a long time. Some may also remember (I think I had posted it), but right after I got laid off I had an interview at a place called Greenleaf Auto Recyclers for a dismantler position. They had already had somebody else lined up when they interviewed me, and were waiting to hear a yes or no from him. He said yes and took the job, so of course I didn't get it. Then last week, a month and a half later, the guy from Greenleaf called me back and left me a voicemail...."hey just wondering if you had ever found a job, we have a position open here if you''re still interested". Called him back... turns out the other guy didn''t work out, and I was top on his list (he had a couple other applicants also), so he wanted me to come back in if I still wanted it. Went in today, and they have to do the background check and drug test and everything, but if all goes smoothly I should be starting next week sometime

Thank god.... unemployment blows!!!! And now I get to drive forklifts around too.... fun stuff!!

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote