Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Cruiser riders aka butt pirates aka fags
Arrrg
Old 09-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #62
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Cruiser riders aka butt pirates aka fags
I haven't been there in probalby 2 years. The cruisers up there sucked then. Worst of all, they acted like self-appointed public avengers, out to regulate the sport bike outlaws despite they are hte ones with the "outlaw" vests. Fucking lawyers.

I want to go back but I'll go during late fall/early winter and late winter/early spring. Best riding I had was the first time I went on Superbowl weekend. I saw maybe 10 cars on the Cherohala and a few sportbikes and sport cars at the Gap. No one was there! I even passed 2 THP cars near Foothills rolling about 70+ and they didn't give a shit.

Deal's Gap Gas Station
Old 09-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #63
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
You got some better shots of the F3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:07 PM   #64
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
You got some better shots of the F3?
Of it looking like that? Not much since it looks different now. Main difference is all the white parts are primered (including tank) and the red top is left untouched. I've just been too lazy to sand the rest and paint it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/atlanta...7603848518871/
Old 09-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #65
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Of it looking like that? Not much since it looks different now. Main difference is all the white parts are primered (including tank) and the red top is left untouched. I've just been too lazy to sand the rest and paint it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/atlanta...7603848518871/
Can't see the flickr stuff since I'm dont have a log in.

that shot you posted earlier reminded me of the "weathered" look a lot of hot rodders are using.
Looks kinda cool...

Plus its nice to see F3 (and earlier F2) on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #66
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Can't see the flickr stuff since I'm dont have a log in.

that shot you posted earlier reminded me of the "weathered" look a lot of hot rodders are using.
Looks kinda cool...

Plus its nice to see F3 (and earlier F2) on the road
Gotcha, forgot flickr fucked everything up recently. I might throw a thread together since my bike was a project (bought it wrecked and not working) and people are always wanting more pics/info on my bike. The F3 has been a tank with 45k+ miles on it.

Here is probably the best weathered look one. I've seriously considered sanding it down again, spraying it black to sand it again then clear coating the tank.

Deal's Gap Great Adventure 075

Last edited by Smittie61984; 09-20-2010 at 04:23 PM..
Smittie61984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:22 AM   #67
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

i had it out with the stupid corvette club this year.. they drove all the way from columbus, ohio to the gap in a corvette but they insisted they would only do the speed limit through the gap.. they preached about crotch rockets and how they are unsafe after i told them to watch their speed because about a mile into Tennessee there was an unmarked THP.. so much for trying to do them a favor.. oh look at me i am so great because i have a corvette.. what a bunch of douchebags..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
i had it out with the stupid corvette club this year.. they drove all the way from columbus, ohio to the gap in a corvette but they insisted they would only do the speed limit through the gap.. they preached about crotch rockets and how they are unsafe after i told them to watch their speed because about a mile into Tennessee there was an unmarked THP.. so much for trying to do them a favor.. oh look at me i am so great because i have a corvette.. what a bunch of douchebags..
Wow...its one thing to buy a Vette and cruise it around town... But to take it to the Gap and cruise... Heck, why not just take it to Mid-Ohio, rent the track and cruise around to your heart's content...oh wait no one could ooh and aah over your Vette then could they?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #69
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

I was watching Campus PD today and on it htey showed a guy yelling and screaming that some guy and his girl were going to steal his CBR1000. This took place in Cancun.

The Mexican guy on the bike had 2 helmets (one for him and his GF) and keys to the bike. The other guy pulled out keys but they looked like Chevy truck keys (they were long). I think the Mexican guy provided papers for the bike and they drove off on it.

Made me think of this thread.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #70
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Wow...its one thing to buy a Vette and cruise it around town... But to take it to the Gap and cruise... Heck, why not just take it to Mid-Ohio, rent the track and cruise around to your heart's content...oh wait no one could ooh and aah over your Vette then could they?

That's why after 4 Vettes I still don't belong to any Vette clubs. Some of the owners are fun to hang out with but the majority would rather wash and wax and sit around and talk...F that.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote