Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-19-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Default Gotta love getting bitched out

So its 2am and things are fairly quiet here. just took sign out am waiting on a few things here and already got yelled at.

people come in off hours thinking they will get stuff done faster then get pissed when they see that we only have ancilary services for emergent situations and the non emergent stuff has to wait. esp for stuff that coudl be seen in a clinic anyway.

Kinda sux being stuck in the middle too. i cant make the other services come any faste rsince they need to prioritize their consults or procedures, and cant see them dropping what theyre doing to come see a non emergent case when they have enough work to do. But it also sux having to wait several hours instead of being home sleeping.

tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 AM   #2
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Sometime hearing your day to day job experience makes me sort of happy to be jobless.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:34 AM   #3
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Sometime hearing your day to day job experience makes me sort of happy to be jobless.
tonights kinda boring so I just need to post about something. Nothing good like some cursteacean getting stuck in someones but tonight. the side job has been more stressful as of late, it sliek one of those things where you cant do anything right and its one thing after another

Tom
Old 03-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

hospital police is now forcibly removing a couple of drunks so this will be entertaining

Tom
Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #5
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
hospital police is now forcibly removing a couple of drunks so this will be entertaining

Tom
"don't taze me bro!"

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

It sometimes surprises me how much shit I can take off of people and it doesn't elicit a response. You can call me any name you want at work, it wont get you any farther. We can only do so much for a problem someone has had for months (many time by their own doing) and it wont be fixed in 4 hours with services that are being used by emergent cases.

People don't understand that if you've had to wait for 8 hours, your problem isn't an emergency.

I also love asking people what their family doctor has done for them and where they live b/c inevitably they have walked by 3 walk in clinics that could have seen them in under an hour or two.

I love people that walk in complaining of abd pain and are drinking a coffee/pop.

Or people that cry b/c they need a tetnus shot but yet have full sleeve tats...

I love people that come in complaining of not being able to breath and then want to go out for a smoke.

Or people that want a taxi chit for a cab 3 blocks from the ER.

I had one mother that would not shut up b/c her 22 year old was hungry and had to be NPO b/c he was on the wait list for an appendix. I told her there was no way I was going to interrupt the Surgical peeps b/c they were busy with 5 freaking traumas. I almost blew up at her and told her if she asked me again I would not be as polite b/c people were fighting to live and 2 had already died.

I'm starting to turn into a cold hearted bitch in selected cases b/c people expect way way too much for no effort in taking care of themselves or being responsible.
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote