Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gun Thread (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15842)

Rangerscott 02-12-2012 12:15 AM

A company that makes silencers about half the price of everyone else and is just as quite.

nhgunnut 02-12-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 505762)

They seem to have a couple of interesting innovations. be great to hear from someone who is running one. As you noted their price point is about $70 lower than Gemtech or YHM (those are just the 22 LR Cans I have used) I would be great to see them do well it is always the new comers that move the market. I will be watching there web site to see what they come up with in Centerfire.

Rangerscott 02-12-2012 09:14 AM

Still waitng on their 556/762 silencers to come out.

RACER X 02-14-2012 10:23 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDDGIW_sXvc

RACER X 02-14-2012 04:36 PM

http://i.imgur.com/auOL0.jpg

Lamnidae 02-14-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 505782)
A company that makes silencers about half the price of everyone else and is just as quite.

wouldn't really trust a youtube, or any web clip of how a silencer sounds.... but that's my $1.05

The .22 cans from what I've been researching just have a hard time getting cleaned -- some refer to a dip solution (half H202 half whit vin) and you end up with this hazardous lead acitate or some shit that you gotta take to have properly disposed of..... 22's are dirty, but cheap fun.... mmmm good dirty cheap fun....

nhgunnut 02-15-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblyopic (Post 505972)
wouldn't really trust a youtube, or any web clip of how a silencer sounds.... but that's my $1.05

The .22 cans from what I've been researching just have a hard time getting cleaned -- some refer to a dip solution (half H202 half whit vin) and you end up with this hazardous lead acitate or some shit that you gotta take to have properly disposed of..... 22's are dirty, but cheap fun.... mmmm good dirty cheap fun....

Most Manufactures of 22lr cans are offering some sort of take down version for ease of cleaning. I am actually considering sending my Gemtech Outback in for the $150 retofit. As a rule though they best way to think about cleaning a suppressor is how often do you clean the inside of you cars muffler or cat converter.
On the steel cans , while not recommended good old fashion brake cleaner can be used. One of the easiest ways to keep a can from carbon-ing up is a spoonful good old KY jelly put into the can before shooting (shake the can vigorously) it coats the baffles and as an added advantage of further reducing sound levels at the muzzle because it breaks up wave patterns. At the end of the session rinse the can with water (KY is water soluble ) debris comes out with the water and either spray down with wd 40 or toss the can in the oven a 215 degrees for 15 minutes.

JARVIS518 02-15-2012 01:09 PM

my pops just bought a glock 20 10mm last night, should have it in a few weeks. anyone else have one or shot one? any praise or complaints about it? i tried talking him out of it because of the lack of ammo supplies locally but he still did it.

Lamnidae 02-15-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 506010)
Most Manufactures of 22lr cans are offering some sort of take down version for ease of cleaning. I am actually considering sending my Gemtech Outback in for the $150 retofit. As a rule though they best way to think about cleaning a suppressor is how often do you clean the inside of you cars muffler or cat converter.
On the steel cans , while not recommended good old fashion brake cleaner can be used. One of the easiest ways to keep a can from carbon-ing up is a spoonful good old KY jelly put into the can before shooting (shake the can vigorously) it coats the baffles and as an added advantage of further reducing sound levels at the muzzle because it breaks up wave patterns. At the end of the session rinse the can with water (KY is water soluble ) debris comes out with the water and either spray down with wd 40 or toss the can in the oven a 215 degrees for 15 minutes.

Yeah that's what I was looking for, a good SS can that i can take apart and clean. Saw that a guy was using mercury power tune (carb cleaner pretty much, breaks up carbon) that he and his shop get in a gallon or so container... but he uses that in a ultrasonic tub to break up the buildup that he gets in the baffles.

I'm still new and learning more and more about the cans, so thank you for the info re: coating before firing, i was looking to find ways to help make the stainless steel baffles a bit easier to clean.

nhgunnut 02-16-2012 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JARVIS518 (Post 506042)
my pops just bought a glock 20 10mm last night, should have it in a few weeks. anyone else have one or shot one? any praise or complaints about it? i tried talking him out of it because of the lack of ammo supplies locally but he still did it.

I loved the 10mm round but got tired of the issues it had in the 1911 frame (Still have a few boxes 10mm around here somewhere) I Busa riding buddy of mine swears by his glock in 10mm. It is a great round not a cheap round and hits like the ole 41 magnum.